What is Mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma is a rare and aggressive cancer affecting the lungs, abdomen, or heart lining.
It is caused only by exposure to asbestos, a naturally occurring mineral commonly used in construction and other industries until the 1970s.
Asbestos Exposure and Mesothelioma
When asbestos fibers are inhaled or ingested, they can become lodged in the body's tissues and cause damage over time. This can lead to the development of mesothelioma, which has a poor prognosis and can be challenging to treat.
The attorneys at Scout Law Group have extensive experience helping clients recover compensation for mesothelioma and other asbestos-related injuries.
Why Choose Scout Law Group for Your Mesothelioma Claim?
- Our attorneys have a track record of success in mesothelioma cases.
- We have the resources and expertise to thoroughly investigate your claim and build a strong case.
- We offer free consultations and operate on a contingency fee, meaning you only pay us if we recover compensation for you.
- We are committed to the best possible outcome for our clients. Our attorneys will work diligently to obtain the justice and compensation you deserve.
What Can I Expect from the Mesothelioma Claim Process?
- The first step in the mesothelioma claim process is to consult with an experienced attorney. During your consultation, your attorney will ask questions about your diagnosis, asbestos exposure, and other relevant information.
- After your consultation, your attorney will begin gathering evidence to support your claim. This may include medical records, employment records, and witness statements.
- Your attorney will also identify the parties who may be liable for your injuries and negotiate with them or their insurers to try to reach a settlement. Your attorney may file a lawsuit if a settlement cannot be reached.
- The mesothelioma claim process can be complex and time-consuming. Still, our attorneys will handle all the details and inform you every step of the way.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Mesothelioma Claim?
- Medical expenses: You can recover compensation for your medical treatment, including surgery, chemotherapy, and other therapies.
- Lost Wages: If you are diagnosed with mesothelioma, you will miss work or lose your job. We will make sure that you will receive compensation for the wages.
- Pain and suffering: You may be able to recover compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering caused by your mesothelioma.
- Other damages: Depending on the specifics of your case, you may be able to recover additional damages, such as the cost of home modifications or transportation to and from medical appointments.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, don't hesitate to contact the attorneys at Scout Law Group
Mesothelioma Case Value Calculator
Who Was Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma Legal FAQs:
How long do I have to file a mesothelioma lawsuit?
Each state has laws governing the time a lawsuit or asbestos claim must be filed. This is called the "statute of limitations." for most conditions, the statute for mesothelioma lawsuits is two to three years from the date of diagnosis. However, it is essential to consult with an attorney as soon as possible, as gathering evidence and building a case can take time.
Who can be held liable for my mesothelioma?
Companies that manufacture, distribute, or use asbestos products may be liable for your mesothelioma. This may include asbestos manufacturers, construction companies, shipyards, and other employers who exposed their workers to asbestos. Your attorney will thoroughly investigate all potentially liable parties and hold them accountable for your injuries.
Can I recover compensation if I was exposed to asbestos at work?
Yes, you may be able to recover compensation if you were exposed to asbestos at work. In most cases, workers' compensation laws vary by state. Still, you may be entitled to benefits for your medical expenses and lost wages.
Additionally, suppose your employer was negligent in protecting you from asbestos exposure. In that case, you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. An experienced mesothelioma attorney can help you understand your options and fight for maximum compensation.